Thursday, April 16, 2015

Rita Wilson and Darlene Grover

Darlene has had her iPad smoking. For a couple of weeks she has been researching everything she can on breast cancer and her upcoming surgery.

Tonight she is watching videos of Rita Wilson and reading about her surgery. She just learned that Rita Wilson just had the same surgery as she is to have next month. Cancer does not discriminate. No matter if you are a famous actress or a software quality analyst we can all suffer from the same diseases and anxieties about what the word cancer means to a person and I assume the same drama of  a life altering or should I say a life saving surgery.

Never thought I'd hear Ron Grover and Tom Hanks used in the same sentence. She was comparing Tom Hanks and I. She said, "Tom Hanks and you have something in common. I like you both."

1 comment:

Syd said...

Sorry that I haven't been here to offer support. I am glad to know that she came through the ordeal and with you as her support, she will be okay. It is hard to watch though. My wife was diagnosed at age 45. It was terrifying for a long time.